Saturday, April 2, 2011

Is it safe to live in Osaka now?

Question:


I've heard so many conflicting reports but I am thinking of moving back to Osaka (I lived there for a year before and really loved it) but every time I try to read about whether it's safe or not, there's so much scientific explanations of stuff that my head hurts.

In terms of radiation, is Osaka safe? And since a lot of food supplies come from parts of Japan that are effected by radiation, and plants, etc. are being grown using water that would have some radiation in it, would that mean that people all over Japan would be in danger because they're eating food that's grown in a radioactive area?

I know when Chernobyl happened, large areas of the Ukraine were really badly effected, and there were no-go zones etc...

There seems to be lots of different reports in the media and I know some of it is scare-mongering, but in layman's terms, what's going on? Is radiation going to be an issue in Kansai?

Answer:


They barely felt the quake in Osaka. Chernobyl was a very different situation. Look at a map, Osaka
is a long hall from the Sendai area.
Try the web site below for updated news...

No comments:

Post a Comment