Saturday, April 2, 2011

My husband is not very exited about Japan but I am crazy about Japan, how can I convince him to take us to the?

Question:


family trip in Japan with our daughter SOME DAY??? (Also: he hates the Japanese food and is scared of earthquakes).

Answer:


Japanese Food: Not everything is sushi (I tried some in Japan and didn't like it). There are many international restaurants. You can get burgers, bolognese, steak & chips and all sorts. Even in the hotel I was staying in, they had a Japanese breakfast as an option, but I stuck to bacon and eggs and toast. Some Japanese food is great. It isn't just like you find here in supermarkets and sushi bars.

Tokyo in particular is one of those citys where most of it is bustling western and then suddenly you turn a corner and there is a small temple of peace and tranquillity. The people are friendly and helpful. Stand too long with a map in your hand and someone will offer to help.

They try out the latest technology there too. If you go to Electric City (Akihabara), you can see all of the latest computer gadgets and gizmos and sometimes have a play on them.

It is such a wonderful mix of old and new. As for earth quakes, that is a difficult one to get over. There were a couple of trembles when I was there a few years ago which luckily came to nothing. I too would love to go back for a visit, but at the moment, I would be a bit reluctant. I hope you get there some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment