Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is the weather in Japan like the weather in Canada?

Question:


If it isn't like Canada's weather can you compare them and tell me what the weather is like in each month of Japan. Don't bother including Canadian weather, I live there already ;)

Thanks!

Answer:


Don't bother including Canadian weather? Canadian weather is totally different from coast to coast, north to south, so it really depends what you are used to!

I'm from Edmonton, so let me explain about how I find Japanese weather....
The winter in my area of Japan (northern Tohoku) is cold in winter, but mild temperature wise compared to Edmonton. The coldest I've experienced here is -10, but up north, -20 or -30 isn't unheard of. There is a lot of snow. Two years ago we received over a meter of snow in 36 hours, and it basically never stopped all winter. The snow here is wet and heavy.

My husband laughs at me because I get cold inside the house. Japanese homes are not well made compared to Canadian ones. If I want to warm up, I go outside!

Spring and Autumn are quite nice here. The weather isn't terribly cold, nor terribly hot.

Summer is insanely hot and humid. It can reach +38 or more and doesn't cool down much at night. I have it better here than people in Tokyo, where it is even hotter and more humid. It stays that hot for weeks.

The rainy season is just that. Rainy. It rarely stops for about a month. It's depressing and causes things in your home to mould like crazy.

On the plus side, all the humidity is good for your skin! When I go back to Canada I have to use moisturiser all the time.

So, to answer your question, I would say that no, the weather in Japan is not like the weather in Canada. Your mileage may vary depending on where in Canada you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment