Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Japan Visa Problem-Please help if you know about Japan's Visa Policy?

Question:


I'm married to a Japanese citizen..but i have overstayed in Japan for 15 months but i'm married to a Japanese male In Japan in 2008 May.(Both me and my husband are 41 years old)

In 2009 AprilThen i voluntarily turned in to Immigration and they said that i can apply to Japanese Visa after 5 years.Now its 2011 June its been over 2 years and my husband wants me to come for a visit to Japan.

He will come to Sri Lanka and get to Japan with me,this time I'm planning to obey rules and complete my visit before the deadline,will i be given permission by the Japanese Immigration and grant me with Visa?
I will be with my Husband and in possession of all my Marriage Documents,and if relevant documents from the company i work in Sri Lanka for ( Ceylon Petroleum Coperation)

Please help,place any url's you think that will be helpful to me.

Thanks for helping,and reading.

Answer:


I can only tell you what happened to an Iranian friend of mine in a similar situation.....

After marriage, he had to leave Japan. I think for only 1 year, but maybe 2. He could NOT come back into Japan until the period was up. Now, 5 years sounds a bit long, but my guess is that if a visa is generally required for someone from your country, Japan is not going to grant you a visa. Your documents didn't help you when you turned yourself in so I see no reason that they are going to help you now.

Want a definitive answer? Contact the Japanese Embassy in your country. I would say use Google but I doubt that the site will go into enough detail regarding your problem. Talk to them directly. And be prepared to wait another 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment