Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Radiation Crisis: Is it safe to have infant in Kanagawa prefecture, Japan?

Question:


I live in Kanagawa (some 50 miles south of Tokyo). I have sent my wife and one year old baby back to my home country when the nuclear power plant crisis started. Life seems to be back to normal in Tokyo and Kanagawa, but still it’s not clear to me whether its safe to have the baby with me in Kanagawa when the nuclear power plant crisis still going on. I am not sure whether all the vegetables and water are fully radiation free ?

Can someone provide me good information on whether it’s totally safe to have the infant with me in Kanagawa now? Appreciate your response..

Answer:


Please look at a map of Japan ! The nuke plants in question are north east in Fukushima. What's that ? 200 miles, maybe ?
Radiation was NEVER a problem in Tokyo. So 50 miles south certainly isn't going to be an issue either.

No comments:

Post a Comment