Monday, May 9, 2011

Japanese Work Visa without a Degree or Diploma?

Question:


Hi,

I'm an Irish resident living in Osaki city, Miyagi, Japan. I am currently working for a private school and am 7 months in to my 1 yr working holiday visa. I have fallen in love with the country and its people especially after the March 11th earthquake, the people treated me so well always trying to offer me food and shelter.

As you can see from above I don't have a Degree or 10 years experience but i hope that i can stay also i feel that now maybe a better time for me to ask, with so many foreigners having left and even new ones who come i cant see them being too pushed on moving to a place that's 15Min's from Sendai by train.

Hope someone out there has some helpful info... if not it will be on to another country in October so if you even have any advice on other Asian countries that would be happy with someone who has just 1yr experience but no Visa that info would be great too.

Thanks in advance...

Neil

Answer:


You're on the right track, perhaps the only track, in getting your current company to extend your visa. I'm just not sure of the regulations on that. Other than that, you're left with the option of marrying a national or staying illegally.

No comments:

Post a Comment