Monday, May 9, 2011

What happened to actor Ebizo Ichikawa and has he been disqualified forever?

Question:


He's my favorite actor from a taiga drama (never seen kabuki plays) and I've just discovered about him being assaulted in a bar and then disqualified/removed from acting a year ago...I don't know whether he's acting again. I was just a little shocked about how strict they were about this incident? Why?

Answer:


I read somewhere that he got drunk at a bar and fought with a customer, saying "I'm a living national treasure" or "the government takes care of me" or something. He got badly injured.

"Kabuki actors (very special) should take much responsibility.
But he will make his stage comeback with the July “Dai-Kabuki.” He's also appearing in a new movie released this October.
If he were only one of those TV talents, I doubt this come-back would come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment