Monday, May 9, 2011

Marriage Visa for Japan, Affidavit of Competency to Marry, how to prepare it?

Question:


I am going to get a marriage visa for Japan, my boyfriend and I plan to marry in Japan & I come live with him in Japan. My boyfriend is a Japanese citizen (he was raised and born in Japan). I am from the U.S.

I am supposed to fill out and give this form to a consulate in Japan or am I supposed to send this or give this to the Embassy in the U.S.? I'm confused as to where I'm supposed to deal with the affidavit.
so I have to go to my own country (the U.S.) embassy to do this? or can I send it in the mail to the U.S. embassy? or I can do this in Japan?

Answer:


If you apply for a spouse visa for yourself, it's better to ask it directly to Japanese Embassy or Consulate you are going to apply. They know more than anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment