Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Is it possible to visit the Oita Prefecture and Tokyo in the same trip?

Question:


I'm trying to plan a trip to Japan for my family. I have always wanted to go. I would really like to see Harmony World in Oita but also really want to go shopping in Tokyo. They seem to be quite far in distance. Is there a train that runs between the two cities? I know I am going to have to do a lot more research and possible hire a travel agent. I was just curious if it was possible to do it all in one trip?

Answer:


I'm not sure how long your trip will be, but supposing more than 7-days, it would be possible.
And I think you mean "Beppu World Harmony Run" If so,

1. Purchase "JR Pass" in your country http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en003.h…
*Note: You must purchase an Exchange Order from an authorized sales office or agent before you come to Japan.
2. Shin-Yokohama <-- (Shinkan-sen/ Nozomi) --> Kokura <-- (Sonic) --> Beppu (Ooita-ken)

Have a nice trip,

No comments:

Post a Comment