Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What do you like more; Chinese or Japanese culture?

Question:




Answer:


I like both for different reasons. I like China for its history, traditional music, food, language and martial arts (also China's landscapes are amazing) however I've been more into Japanese culture maybe because it's more accessible (Japanese embassies do loads of Japanese culture promoting events all over the world and China as a communist country is a bit more introvert). I think Japan is unique because they are the 2nd largest economy of the world and yet it is the only Asian country which was able to balance traditional side and "modern" side. Japan is the most modern and yet traditional. Many might find it a perfect package. They can travel to an Asian country and discover exotic culture without worrying about their safety (compare India, UAE or Thailand for example). Also they have the most unique heritage. Geishas, for example, look scary for me because of the dead white face but they wear the most beautiful kimonos and that makes them more mysterious. I like dark traditional Japanese interiors that are all wooden and clay utensils. However I know that China has an amazing ancient culture reaching back thousands of years and I am afraid that if I start taking interest in it, my all life will not be enough to cover it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment