Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is it safe to buy ceramics from Japan?

Question:


I know stuff on the shelves here in the US are screened for radioactivity but I want to buy some ceramics that would be shipped directly from Japan so I'm not sure what types of screening are in place for just a personal purchase.

I also don't know much about radioactivity and its effects on non-food/biological products.

The ceramics I'm thinking of are Tokoname Tea Pots. While the I know Tokoname is pretty far from Fukishima, the only company I could find online that seemed trustworthy and sold these is O-Cha, which was based out of Fukishima before the nuclear disaster. They have since moved their base of operations to Kyoko, but I have no idea if the teapots were in Fukushima or not.

Thoughts anyone?

Answer:


Nothing in the US is screened for radioactivity ! Why would it be ?
You have nothing to worry about when buying tea pots from Japan. Don't you think it would be harming the seller if there was any danger ?

No comments:

Post a Comment