Sunday, July 17, 2011

Japanese gift giving?

Question:


This summer I have been living in Japan and working in a research laboratory at Saitama University. I go back to the USA in just two weeks. (I'm quite sad! Japan has been an amazing experience!) Everyone that I've worked with in my lab has been so great, I would like to leave them with some sort of gift before I leave. I would also like to give my mentor an individual gift, as well as the head of the lab. Does anyone have any suggestions? Food seems to be really appreciated, so maybe I could find some nice baked goods or something for my lab. And as for my mentor and the head of my lab, could I do something like a nice bottle of sake? (And if so, what kind of sake?)

Answer:


Generally, food and sake are good present.
I think you have to get know what type or brand sake does your mentor like.
Everyone has their own favorites.

There are some local sake in Saitama, like 神亀 , 花陽浴, 織星 and so on.
That might be good for the people live in Saitama.

No comments:

Post a Comment