Sunday, July 24, 2011

What would be a good amount of money to bring for a four day/three night stay in Japan?

Question:


...Mainly for food and transportation?

I will be going in three or four months and will be staying there for four days and three nights. The cost for the plane ticket + hotel is around $1,300-$1,400. I'm mainly going there for a concert, which will be taking place in Chiba. So I'll be staying around there. I was just wondering if anyone would know what a good amount of extra money would be to bring with for my stay in Japan?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

Answer:


Don't know how THAT magic trick worked....

Look, nothing in this hand....
Nothing in the other hand.....
Poof.... you need 250,000 yen.

A quick conversion says that is bit over $3000. That is absolutely ridiculous. You could skimp and get by 1/10th of that.

Figure 5000 yen/day for meals and a similar amount for transportation so 10,000 yen/day will get you by. If you want to relax and not worry at all, take 50,000 yen, which works out to about $625.

You could bring less, you know, "Do Japan on a budget." kinda' thing. Personally, I've never seen the point of flying to the opposite side of the planet to worry about my 'budget' every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment