Sunday, July 24, 2011

Why does anime have a lot of "lagging?"?

Question:


When i say lagging, I mean that the writing seems to favor a lot of uneccessary talking. I mean, take Naruto. Before a battle, they stand and talk for a long time. I mean, that can be part of the story, but most of the time they are jsut standing without talking. The camera just pans around them as they stand for like a whole minute. Then they say things like "you..." or "that guy" or "ohhh." I mean, wtf. when you are going to fight people, do you say "you?"

Look at Avatar, which would be like a Western take on an anime. They always get in the action. They don't jsut stand around. A single battle doesn't take like 9 episodes.

What's the deal? Are Anime writers just bad or do Japanese people like this style of show?

ps. I still love anime regardless. I just find myself skipping at 5 sec intervals a lot.

Answer:


Actually, Japanese anime is made from its original manga story.

And it's often the case that 1 episode of anime consists of 1 manga story (1 week).

But 1 anime episode (30 minutes) is too long for 1 manga episode (1 week and about 20 pages). So they have to "extend" the story, or anime will someday catches up with manga and they can no longer make any more anime from manga. You know what I mean?

I don't know if it's really the case with Naruto because I don't watch Naruto. But it's the case in such animes like Dragonball.

No comments:

Post a Comment