Friday, August 12, 2011

How can I become more intimate with Japanese women?

Question:


Sorry I couldn't find a good way to phrase my question so I'll try to explain my problem!

I live in Japan and I recently moved from Tokyo to a small town in Yamanashi. Everyone here is really friendly but meeting women has been a lot more difficult than in Tokyo. I have very few chances to meet women that are around my age and have similar hobbies or interests. I'm 29 years old. And when I finally do meet someone, trying to see them again becomes extraordinarily difficult!

Most girls I meet seem to want to take things slow and really get to know a guy before they start dating him. That's OK with me, but the same girls haven't been giving me a chance to do so! I may meet a girl at a party or place I often go, invite her somewhere, and immediately get rejected. Or I may ask her for her phone number or email and also get rejected. Sometimes I do manage to get a girl's contact info, but they reply whenever they want, break promises or dates and seem to be really carefree. Or in my opinion, uncaring!

My Japanese guy friends tell me that I have to take things slow with women and slowly gain their trust. Only then, will they finally take notice of me and be open to serious relationship with me.

So this is my question!

If Japanese girls refuse to share contact info with a guy they just met or set up some kind of a date to see him again, how is she going to get to know him better?

Answer:


>Aside from something like an introduction, it seems very hard to meet and get close to Japanese women.

That's Japanese women. If you don't like it, better to find another non-Japanese woman.

Addition:
>If that's true, then I feel sorry for Japanese men. How do people meet, get married and have children in Japan? It can't all be through introductions.

Actually, 30-50 years ago or before, many Japanese people used to get married in arranged marriage, that is introduction from parents.

But now, this custom is gone. So the reality is, marriage and birth rate is declining rapidly. They expect that 30% of Japanese men and women around your age (29) will never get married in their life.

So you asked "how". But the reality is people just do NOT get married and have children in Japan.

>I've also heard that the population in Japan keeps shrinking every year and has been for many years. Could this be the cause?

I think this is one of main reasons. But it's not the only reason.

>If so, then why not change things?

Well, this is how Japanese men and women behave. And you can't change people's mentality.

So the bottom line is, I recommend to find OTHER women.

Addition2:
>I know you can't change how people think and feel. But you make the future of Japan sound hopeless. Are you OK with all this? Doesn't it bother you?

hmmm, I don't think I said something which sounds like so hopeless. I think I just said that "30% of Japanese men and women around your age will never get married" or something. Does this or something related to this sound hopeless?

In fact, there are many worse factors in Japan now like radiation or huge amount of debt. So I didn't except that you would take my words on marriage in Japan as hopeless.

But anyway, there is nothing I can do if Japanese people closed their mind, and do not get married or have children. I'm just an individual.

>And it's not impossible for me to meet women. I meet women all the time! It's just hard meeting a woman that I can really connect with and get along with. I think you call it 両思い (ryouomoi) in Japanese.

Yes, 両思い is correct. I don't know what you tried to tell me with these last 3 rows. But anyway, it does not have to be a Japanese woman, for me, for you, for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment