Friday, August 12, 2011

Tips for moving to Japan?

Question:


I've been fooling around with the idea of moving to Japan and having a career there after I graduate from college. Aside from learning the language and familiarizing myself with the culture and customs, what would I need to know, lean, be aware of if I were to move to Japan?

Answer:


If anything you need to know yourself. If you have a "I don't know what I want, so I will go to Japan" attitude, it's unlikely you will find it in Japan. Likewise for "I hate my life situation, so maybe I'll go to Japan" or something else like it.
Try to know Japan better - and that doesn't mean anime, manga, or some other superficial thing, study its history and read some cultural books. Have an idea of why exactly you want to see Japan, and what you want to experience. Also be aware that you will lose a lot of the conveniences you are probably taking for granted right now where you are. Moving and getting set up in a foreign country is no picnic. And know also that being far away for an extended time probably means you will lose some friends where you are.
Of course living in Japan can be a very enriching experience as well.
Try looking at
http://www.thejapanfaq.com
http://www.transitionsabroad.com/listing…

No comments:

Post a Comment