Friday, August 12, 2011

"Easy" texts with separated words and furigana?

Question:


Hey, so... I'm looking for Japanese texts that are simple enough for beginners to understand, with furigana and separated words.
Children stories, easy-to-read novels, etc.
Would be great!
I found one called Night on The Milky Way Train, it has furigana and a translation but the words aren't serparated. I've tried writing it in romaji on Notepad to try to work out the words but it didn't go too well.
My vocabulary isn't that good so it's hard for me to recognize words.

Answer:


If you actually want to read a story (as opposed to a conversation, which many text books have) I would recommend this set. I know it is a little pricey but it comes with a cd of each story so you can listen to the narration while reading. I don't think it has spaces between the words in the text but it might help you differentiate between words by the tone and pauses the speaker uses.

Honestly though, you are not going to find a native text with spaces between the words because it is just not done. Japanese kids already can speak Japanese so they don't have the issue of trying to figure out where one word ends and another begins.

http://www.thejapanshop.com/Japanese-Gra…

No comments:

Post a Comment