Friday, September 16, 2011

Can I get a visa if I want to work at a maid cafe in Japan?

Question:


I am 20 years old, American, and I do not have a college degree, but I have about 2 years of college under my belt.
I speak relatively fluent Japanese (provided governmental procedures or political views do not come into the conversation) and I was in Tokyo over the summer studying abroad.

I want to work at a maid cafe (I know about them, I've been to one, please no comments about how they are viewed in US society) but I want to know if I can get a Working Visa through that kind of employer, and if so, what kind/how would I go about obtaining one?

I am going to Tokyo for the next three months, during which time I plan to search for such a job, but I'm getting all sorts of mixed answers about what I can and cannot do, most of them vastly outdated and unhelpful.

Answer:


You can get a working holiday visa or similar but they don't issue 'maid specific visas' Have a look a look into this

No comments:

Post a Comment