Friday, September 16, 2011

My mom got orders to go to Japan and I am going with, what do i do?

Question:


I have long blonde hair, and i'm 5' 8" I've already been warned that i will be a novelty over there. I'm almost afraid because of that. Also i am a college student, but yes, i am being forced to move with my mom. What all do i need to do before the move? Should i cut and dye my hair? because if its going to cause me to be unsafe i want it gone...

Answer:


You would be a novelty because you have long blonde hair? Don't make us laugh! Nobody in Japan would give you a damn.

Don't you know the fact that approx 40,000 US military members, including their families, are stationed in Japan? Most of them are living inside their military facilities, and rarely go out of the base; because of 1) the high appreciation of yen, and 2) their language difficulties that might get them into a trouble with the Japanese.

Which USF facilities is your mom going to station? I don't think you will have many opportunities to go out of the base. Because everything in Japan is unbelievably expensive (by US standard). You ain't going nowhere. Stay inside the base and shut up your big mouth. I assure you that You ain't gonna be a novelty.

@chil_lie23
I am sure I'm more familiar with USFJ facilities than you are. You used to belong to USN a long time ago, that's OK. Unfortunately the times have changed. How much do you know about Japan-US security relations and the reality of USFJ facilities throughout Japan today? I am extensively familiar with them in connection with my job.
BTW, are you "teaching" English? Then, you'd better learn the difference between 'then' and 'than.' I read many of your answers on this YA forum. I noticed that you can never distinguish 'then' from 'than.' 99% of junior high school students in Japan can easily point out your mistake. Do you really think you are qualified to be a "teacher" of English in Japan? If you think so, I strongly suggest that you go to a mental hospital ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment