Friday, September 16, 2011

Translate this to English for me please?

Question:


My friend wrote it and I think I know, but I'd like to make sure.

English and Romaji would be nice :)

再びその落ち着いた声を聞いてあこがれて...

Answer:


Adoring [you / her / him / them] when I hear the calm voice again...
Futatabi sono ochitsuita koe wo kiite akogarete...

Your friend's message means he or she adores sb because he or she heard sb's voice again (already heard the voice),
while Azel's translation means your friend longs to hear sb's voice again (not yet hear the voice).
If you translate Azel's,
再びその落ち着いた声を聞くことをあこがれて(聞きたいと望んで)...
Futatabi sono ochitsuita koe wo kiku koto wo akogarete[kikitai to nozonde]...

I'm a native but not 100% sure from the context which your friend adore, somebody itself or somebody's voice, also not sure he/she talk about you or some singer, though.
According to those information, translation will vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment