Thursday, September 22, 2011

How popular or rather important are Akira Kurosawa's films and classics like that in Japan?

Question:


Movies like Seven Samurai, Ran, Rashomon etc. and films like Onibaba, Zatoichi films, Lone Wolf and Cub, Lady Snowblood etc. Or does the majority love films from the western countries. I love those films, just thought that many Japanese people wouldy say ''meh their ok for classics...'' lol

Answer:


Extremely important! Kurosawa is a gem of the history of the movies in Japan.
I know no Japanese movie directors who is not influenced by Kurosawa.
I think most of the Japanese have seen at least one or two of his movies.

Me? I have seen most of his movies on DVD. But, I am sure Kurosawa wants us to see his movies on the big screen in the movie theater. He was a man of reality; he never compromised in the making of any part of his movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment