Thursday, September 22, 2011

Prescription for Ritalin in Japan?

Question:


Does anyone knows if I can get a prescription for Ritalin in Japan? and If the process is easy and simple?

Because I am thinking to study in Japan but I have ADHD so I need to know this matter before I'll make any decision.

Thanks
Gil

Answer:


From doing a bit of research, there are two primary medications in Japan for ADHD:

Ritalin (リタリン)
Concerta (コンサータ)

The generic name for the active drug/ingredient is メチルフェニデート (Methylphenidate).

If you bring a doctor's note and previous prescription to show the doctor you will likely be able to get a prescription.

ADHD is an acknowledged condition in Japan just like it is elsewhere. They may be more reluctant to prescribe medication, but it exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment