Thursday, September 22, 2011

Uk jobs with major in Japanese?

Question:


What jobs can you get in the uk with a masters in Japanese? Has anyone got an job who has a degree in Japanese Language - what are you now? O_O I feel like if I don't major in Japanese I'll regret it forever O_O, I'm only 15 and my grades so far (just started year 11):

Core science: A*
Half sport core: A
Half Re course: A
Mathematics: A
Science BTEC: B B
Imedia: B B

These are the grades I am guaranteed to leave with, and I've just started year 11. O_O...

Answer:


Japanese is a skill, not a profession. Tell me what kind of jobs involve Japanese? Secretary in a Japanese company is just about the only one that anyone can do without training. Bilingual accountant, bilingual engineer, bilingual nurse, bilingual legal aid, Japanese teacher, legal or medical interpreter, translator: These are all common job postings you will see. They all require separate training. Japanese as a major will teach you about Japan. And if you are crazy enough to want to be a Japanese Historian, that is probably the way to go. But you will not become bilingual in 4 years of college Japanese. So, you will have a degree that really means nothing.

If I can offer you some advice, choose an area of study that you are interested and learn Japanese while you major in that. You will probably end up being better at the language than you would if you "majored in Japanese"

No comments:

Post a Comment