Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is a trip to Japan worth the money?

Question:


Basing this question on the current conversion rate of about 78 yen to 1.00 USD.

I have been wanting to go to Japan for years, and with finishing school and about to start working, I thought the transition time would be perfect. After researching my plans on flight, stay (hostels), and transportation (JR pass), the price is pretty steep. The total price would be about 2,000$ for 2 weeks, or the price a family of 4 could go on a 7-day cruise. I have been extremely excited about going on this trip, but everyone I talk to says I'm a fool for spending so much money on one trip. Although everyone who has said that has never left the US to go overseas.

Just wondering what people who have gone would say of if the experience was worth the cost. I'm going not just for relaxation, but to learn about the culture and see the sights as well.

Side note: Once I get back from the trip, i'll have roughly 1000$ left to my name while I search for a job. Don't have any bills to pay, living with family still.

Answer:


Short answer, yes. Best international trip of my life. I blogged about my trip and budget, link below, check out the video as well, I love Tokyo and can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment