Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why the word JAP is allowed on Yahoo answers?

Question:


for us Japanese , nothing is so offensive as foreigners call us Japs , on this yahoo answers, whenever I saw this word, I reported these questions, but they ve never be deleted.
on the other hand, when I asked "Thais really respect their king?"to the category of Thailand, the question was deleted quickly. and I asked the same question ""do Japanese really respect their Emperor?" to this category. this question was not deleted, what is this standard? why Yahoo is sensitive to certain question of certain people? and our sentiment is completely ignored?

Answer:


You're not the only one to report them. I report them every single time I see such a post.

EDIT: Well, almost always report such posts. Exception 1- I've read it where I think the person posting is Japanese. Exception 2- The average age of the user here is rather low. Sometimes I don't think that they mean any insult, they're just ignorant. In those cases I'll usually simply point out that such is generally not acceptable.

Also, TheCheapest is correct on how posts get yanked. At least my understanding of the process. The relative standing of the person being reported and that of the person doing the report might matter. But it generally requires more than one report for a post to get yanked. And that's what Y!A says about the situation on the page where you report abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment