Saturday, September 17, 2011

Suggestions for beautiful Retreat houses in Japan?

Question:


Where me and my twin sister can stay for atleast 20 days; preferably in Eastern Japan. Maybe in Kanto or Tohoku region. We don't really want "Christian" retreat houses. We just want retreat houses closer to nature, far from big cities. Japanese style retreat houses would even be better.

Answer:


I don't think there is any "Japanese style retreat house" in Japan because Japanese people do not have that kind of lifestyle. Please tell us more about it. But basically, it's not available.

Addition:
OK. I didn't know shukubo.

I could find many shukubo in Japan. This is a portal site of shukubo (shukubo.com). But written in Japanese. It's difficult to find one in English.
http://syukubo.com/spot/01syukubo.html

I can see many in Kanto and Tohoku which you want. Most of them are far from cities. If you give me more conditions you want(location, where in Kanto or Tohoku?, budget, if you want Buddhism practice), I can tell you a specific place.

Addition2:
The portal site has English pages.
http://templelodging.com/

So you can choose one by yourself. That's the bottom line. But I'll give you some answers.

Location: I told you there are many. So you need to give us at least some suggestions or I can't choose any.

Budget: As far as I saw the site, the average is 10,000 yen per night. So if you have 12,000-20,000, it's more than enough.

Others: There is NO WAY that they have Christian practice at a Buddhism site. Do you have any Christian church there with Muslim practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment