Monday, October 24, 2011

2 Week trip to Japan in November - Where should I go?

Question:


Hello,
I've booked 2 weeks in Japan and of course will use Tokyo as my base. I am getting the J-Rail pass perhaps for 7 days. I am confused though, about what I should see. I'm travelling alone so night life is out of the question, the trip would be more about seeing culture and scenery & perhaps some shopping. I had made an itinerary for Tokyo (5 days), Kyoto (3 days), Osaka (2 days), Hiroshima (1 day), Nagoya (1 day), then Tokyo again (3 days) - in that order.
Could anyone tell me any thoughts about whether this is a good itinerary? Could it be changed at all or should I change the order of days at all? And is there anything I'm missing?
Much appreciated,
OT.

Answer:


In the tokyo area I would go see sky tree and tokyo tower and some temples around there and maybe make my way to kamakura are to see Buddha and landmark tower in yokohama. There are a lot of temples and shrines in that area. I would also try Harajuku and Akihabara or Shinjuku. IN osaka I would look at maybe USJ or Osakajokoen and around Osaka Station and then make my way to Nara. You can see everything in Nara park in one day. The rest of you stay i can not answer for Kyoto or hiroshima or nagoya. Just do some research before you come here and plan your days out at what you want to see. there is tons of sites with advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment