Monday, October 24, 2011

How do i go about, moving to Japan?

Question:


Here is a little information about myself. I live in Denmark and i have previously lived in the United States for 5 years. I would like to move to Japan at the end of this summer, when i am done with school. I will be 19/20 depending on when i leave, and i do not speak any Japanese at all, but i think i will learn some basic phrases before i leave. I have been on a vacation in Japan in for 2 weeks, and have been to Tokyo, Kobe, Kyoto, and some other cities that i can't think of right now. I know a little about the Japanese culture from my brief visit, and just picking up information here and there. I will probably have around 354 353,59 yen (4 618,80 USD) when i leave.

Now on to the Questions: I would like to know how it is for a foreigner or a "gaijin" to live in Japan and which city would be the best to live in. I like partying and would like to live a place where the nightlife is good, and they play international hits. Don't get me wrong, i would like to explore japan and its culture, but first i would like to get comfortable and meet some people whom i can communicate with, so i prefer a city with a well established international community with young adults like myself.

I would also like to know where i could stay cheap, but at the same time live at a decent place that is not too far away from the center (Where the clubs/bars/restaurants/ are at). It would also be nice if there was an opportunity to get a job, since i need some kind of income while I'm there.

If anyone has links to some sites that could help, like a website to a company that works with young foreigners moving to japan for a short amount of time. It could also be helpful to find a company like this, since it might have connections to a Japanese school where i could learn Japanese.

If anyone currently lives in japan or if anyone has been there, i would like your inputs about how your experience was in japan. Also, I know i forgot to ask some things, so if anyone has anything they think could be useful but that i neglected to ask, please feel welcome to come with input.
Any information would be useful, and i appreciate any useful inputs :)
- Johan

Answer:


To simplify what Vinegar said the basic formula is like this = degree + work experience + job offer = Japan. The only exception to this might be teaching English (which requires no skills these days) which you will be stuck with and probably get bored and move on

No comments:

Post a Comment