Saturday, October 8, 2011

Any Kind of Japanese Powder Mix Drink, similar to koolaid that I can buy?

Question:


I have a Japanese party coming up for Japanese club in School, and I am in charge of a lot, as the club's secretary. I am trying to find a beverage option, that is similar to Koolaid powder, and is Japanese, so I can make it in mass to quench the thirst of about 60 people. Anything CHeap and Japanese, where all I have to do is add water, and I can make a couple pitchers?

Answer:


I can think of two unique Japanese drinks that are made from a concentrate then mixed with water.

Poccari Sweat is a Japanese sports drink that often comes in a powdered form that needs to be mixed with water. It has a very mild, slightly citrus like flavour and turns into a semi-opaque liquid.

Calpis is a unique and refreshing drink that tastes a bit like Yakult or other yoghurt based drinks, made by lactic fermentation. This usually comes in a concentrated liquid that is mixed with water to create Calpis Water.

Unfortunately, both of these options can be rather expensive as they are usually imported from Japan.

If you are looking for a cheap drink that you can serve quickly and easily to a large number of people, I would recommend green tea. Cold green tea is extremely refreshing, tastes great and one of the healthiest drinks around.

I used to buy these special tea bags that are long and thin. You fill up a large 2 litre bottle of water and then add the long, thin teabag to it. The bag attaches to the top of the bottle and slowly infuses the water with green tea.

Otherwise, you can easily make a large amount of green tea with normal tea bags and brew in cold water for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment