Thursday, October 27, 2011

In Japan, would I be able to buy something there for cheaper than I could buy online or in the U.S ?

Question:


How much money would I need to actually enjoy everything Japan has?

Answer:


some items are cheaper in Japan but not much (sadly).

Food (I think i must be hungry as this is a recurring theme in my answers today): ramen, bento, onigiri, etc.
gadgets: small electronic gadgets
clothing: Japanese traditional type like yukatta, etc.

How much money to enjoy everything Japan has? me thinks a few million dollars. After all, you want to enjoy EVERTYTHING Japan has and this comes at a premium. For example, a really nice onsen for a night (dinner included) will set you back upwards of 50,000 Yen per person (yes, that's like $700/night). A nice room at one of the top hotels in Tokyo is easily at that level. Dinner at a Michelin Star restaurant will cost in the hundreds $ per person. Oh, and a taxi from Narita to center town will set you back $300 or more

And, for the non-trust fund babies? figure $2000 per week for an average stay

No comments:

Post a Comment