Thursday, October 27, 2011

Where can I find these very smelly foods already prepared?

Question:


I am looking for these foods for a project I am working on. Also, if you know of any easier to find smelly foods please let me know what they are and where I can find them (preferably in the LA area). Thanks a bunch.

STINK HEADS
CENTURY EGG
JELLIED MOOSE NOSE
HAGGIS
BAT PASTE

Answer:


In an Asian store you can find -
* Century eggs (strong smell of amonia or urine (when I was young they would kid me and tell me that it has been soaking in horse urine) - has a weird taste for those who haven't had them before. Good with brothy soup, though yum, I like it.)
* Natto Beans - they are Japanese slimy fermented beans. (can't stand it, no matter how hard I try)
* Fish paste or Bagoong. They have different ones but any of those smell (but taste good) - Pilipino/Philippines one have a lot of those than other Asian countries. My brother call them Pilipino mouthwash.
* Durian (prefebably fresh) - smell like gym socks, rotten onion... always make me look around when I'm near to see if there is someone behind or beside me who smells. I can eat it, but not something I like to eat.
* Kimchi - My brother calls it Korean mouthwash.


Then there are:

* Blue Cheese (moldy smell - I like this in my salad and burgers) or Limburger (smell like smelly feet) -

* hard boiled eggs - chopped them up, have someone blindfolded not knowing what they are smelling, they will think of fart or poop.

* Alfredo Pasta with a lot of Parmesean and Romano cheese - smells like someone threw up.

In addition: Dried fish - get the one called TUYO, Pilipino dried fish. They smell the most. You know when they say that BV smell like fishy... Tuyo smell like it unlike fishy fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment