Sunday, October 9, 2011

Job shadowing in Japan and in Japanese?

Question:


I was wondering how to say "job shadow" in Japanese (could it be 尾行? something like お仕事の日常に 触れるために ○○さんを 尾行したいと思います。)
I was also wondering if job shadowing is a common practice in Japan, or if I send an email like that people would freak out and think I'm crazy
よろしく お願いします〜 !☆

Answer:


>could it be 尾行?

尾行 is usually used when a police detective is following someone for investigation.

Job shadowing is like 見習い minarai in Japanese.

>I was also wondering if job shadowing is a common practice in Japan,

Yes, it's common. But I wonder who you are sending an email. It's usually practiced between people in the same company. So you can't job shadow someone if you are not working with him in the same company.

Addition:
>This kind of job shadowing is not common in Japan?

No, sorry. That kind of action is taken when a boss orders one of his employees to follow him to learn his job. Or sometimes the employee asks his boss to allow it.

But not done by someone from outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment