Sunday, October 9, 2011

Planning a trip to japan....How?

Question:


I have 2 years to plan a graduation present for myself. It's to go to japan for three weeks and i have no idea where to start planning. i dont want to join those tours groups where they drag you around with 20 other people you dont even know. its just going to be me, my dad, and maybe 1 other person. i need to know if i should go to planning websites or just plan on my own. I need help on what i should do first. Should i figure out where i want to go 1st then reserve flights, rooms and stuff. And what do i need to know before going. Like should i rent a car, or phone? not drink tap water there? also ideas on where i should visit. I love the idea of staying at ryokan (japanese style hotel/inn) and onsen (japanese style bath). And seeing geisha shows and visitng castles.

Answer:


The must see cities in Japan are Tokyo and Kyoto. I also highy recommend

Nara - ancient capital and full of history and old temples

Takayama - beautiful city known for its traditional architecture and crafts

Hiroshima - beautiful city in Japan that reminds me of my home town of Melbourne in Australia with its green parks and trams

Japan has one of the world`s best transport systems, and getting around is usually a breeze with the train being the most popular method. The best option for visitors who plan to do a lot of travelling in Japan is the Japan Rail Pass, which allows unlimited travel on almost all JR trains, including the shinkansen, for a fixed period of 7, 14 or 21 days (excluding the Nozomi superexpress). This pass can only be purchased outside of Japan.

Read more here on Travelling in Japan
http://japan-australia.blogspot.com/2010…

No comments:

Post a Comment