Sunday, December 4, 2011

Do I need Nori to make Rice balls?

Question:


I was watching some videos on how to make Rice balls (Onigiri I beleive they are called in Japanese) After the rice balls are made the instructors put Nori (Not sure what you call it in English) around the Rice balls, do I need to do this? Because you can't get Nori around from where I'm from, anything comman I can wrap around it or maybe nothing at all?

Answer:


nori is just that paper like seaweed, its really good!! You could practically get from anywhere, mainly asian stores. i usually buy mines from walgreens or walmart:) just ask someone who works there where the seaweed is. you don't HAVE to use it but then the onigiri will taste.. like nothing. heres a site with a variety of onigiris. my favorite is the furikake one
http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-basi…

No comments:

Post a Comment