Saturday, December 17, 2011

Is this Japanese Sentence Correct?

Question:


Hi , im trying to learn japanese, so please help me :D ! if i wanted to say "i am Sick" how would i say it? "私は病気です” would i have to say "I/私" "病気です" or can i just not put it? would that sound weird to say? like im sure everyone know's what facebook.com is , so what if for my status i posted "病気です" would people understand me?

ありがとうございます :D !

Answer:


You can say byouki and it will be ok.

No one is going to think you're mentally insane, in fact, I find it hard to believe Jenn would ever be a native with her rambling she puts in most of her answers.

There are many other common ways to express mental illness, no one uses byouki.


病気です.

If you wanna say you think you're coming down with something (like a cold) you can choose from one of the below:
風邪にかかりそうだ。(I'm coming down with a cold)
何か病気になったようだ。(I think I'm coming down with something)
流感になりかけている (Coming down with the flu)
ちょっと風邪気味なんです。(I have a slight cold/flu-light symptoms)
インフルエンザにかかりました。 (I've caught the flu)
気分が悪い。 (I'm feeling sick/ill)
なんか気分が悪いな。 (Feeling kinda sick)


If you feel like it's getting worse, these ones might help:
インフルエンザで寝込んでいる。 (I'm in bed with the flu)
病気で寝ている。(I'm sick in bed)
病気で欠勤中だ。(On sick leave (Only for work, not for school))
病気で病院に入院した。(Hospitalized from being sick)
すごく具合が悪いのです。(Feeling very sick)

No comments:

Post a Comment