Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is this Japanese symbol ( of some sort )?

Question:


It's not a Japanese character
I've seen it here & there in mangas & stuff

It's a straight line with a heart at the top of the line & a triangle below the heart & then there are names (people who should be a couple) on opposite sides of the line under the triangle

Is there a name for whatever that is ?

Answer:


It's an aiaigasa (相合傘).
I got it written on the white bored.
My friend wrote it in HUGE letters.
Apparently, this guy liked me and my friend showed it to me in a very immature way.
A lot of people do it even if the two people under the triangle might not like each other.
Some people do it to other people to just say that they would be a good couple but it's not a very nice thing to do. (as you can imagine)
gasa is another way of saying kasa. which means umbrella in Japanese. In japan, they say if a girl and a boy are under the same umbrella, they have feelings for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment