Tuesday, March 22, 2011

CAN I GET RADIATION ON ME FROM TOUCHING A BOX THAT CAME FROM JAPAN AFTER THE RADIATION LEAK?

Question:


I WORK WITH A COMPANY THAT RECIEVES HUGE BOXES OF PARTS FROM JAPAN. AFTER THE EARTHQUAKE & RADIATION LEAK AND ALL, I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THE BOX THAT JUST CAME IN FROM JAPAN HAS RADIATION ON IT & HOW COULD I TELL?

Answer:


Not unless the box actually came from the reactor facility where the leak is.

And even if that were the case (i.e. the box is radioactive) it would have set off scanners long before it ever got out of the airport in the US, let alone to you.

So, no worries. Chances are that box was already out of Japan long before the earthquake even happened. Remember it takes 2-3 weeks for freight to cross the ocean by boat, and I doubt a "huge box of parts" would be sent via airmail - too expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment