Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Communicating with my Japanese friend? ?

Question:


Communicating with my Japanese friend? 

Hi I have recently made a friend from japan or penal per say it was a program from our school and so we or him and I recently send emails to each other at time's it is a language barrier but I know enough Japanese to have a Long conversation but sometimes when I email him I mix up my word order and get confused I told him I'm sorry and he replied back in Japanese and said    (ごめん  何が言いたいのか全然分からない  もしかして  外人ですか??)  "Perhaps foreigners do not understand what I say sorry? 

Q: So what did he actually mean when he said this does this mean he wants to try communicating better with me?

Answer:


He said: "Sorry, I don't understand anything you are trying to say. Are you a foreigner?"

ごめん -Sorry
何が言いたいのか- [What you] want to say
全然分からない- [I] don't understand at all
もしかして-Perhaps
外人ですか??- You are foreign?

The key point of his sentence was that he wasn't able to understand your communication at all...I guess the implication there he would like to improve the communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment