Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How can I put a little more weight in Japan?

Question:


Hi,
I have been currently in Japan for 8 months. In between, I spent 2 in Mexico, my country. When I got to Japan I had a bit extra fat, and very flaccid muscles in general. I started exercising at home and riding bicycle regularly. Then my legs got stronger and I lost some weight on the trunk. Oh, my diet here is morning: green juice, banana or apple, a slice of bread and cereal. Lunch, it varies. Could be rice and meat, noodles. Night: there is usually miso soup, fish, rice, some beans and salad.
I then went to Mexico and my diet had a lot of tortillas, meat on a regular basis, and lots of vegetables. I didn't gain much weight around my waist, but instead my muscles got a little bit bigger.
Then I came to Japan and started eating as usual. Slightly over a month later I realize my shoulders are a bit smaller and my arms just won't get bigger. Same happens with my legs. My shorts finally got lose around the waist, but the rest just looks too skinny.
I know the details here aren't enough, and that I should consult with a dietician, but some advice based upon your own experience will be of help.
Thank you

Answer:


McDonalds. Don't settle for the wimpy Japanese portions though, get yourself three big macs at a time and down them all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment