Monday, March 28, 2011

Does this seem like a good/possible plan for my future?

Question:


I'm currently 17.Almost 18. Going to school in Japan. Repeating me Junior year. My dad's retired AF. So he's currently working as an civilian. Well..our expiration date(moving date) Is 2013. But he is still applying for jobs in the U.S so we could possibly move anytime. Well MY goal is to stay and live in Japan with my boyfriend.(He's half Jap and has both US and Jap citizenship.). Well I'm scared that he will get a job before I'm done with school...which would totally ruin my plans. Should I do summer school this year,and try to finish up with school? (By the way I'm home schooled,and take electives at the school). I was also trying to get me a SOFA job at the base,and go to the base college,when I'm done with high school. Would this work? What else can I do to stay in Japan?

Answer:


If you get a degree in the US, you can return to work in Japan at any time. You're really wrapping your future around a 17-18 yr old boy, do you realize that? What if you were to break up? You need to develop a game plan where you can stand on your own two feet, with him or without him. You'll always have your family, but you may not always have him.
Btw, don't ever say "Jap."

No comments:

Post a Comment