Monday, March 28, 2011

I was thinking about auditioning for Avex Trax, but...?

Question:


I don't exactly know how to do that. My original plan was to actually audition in Korea, for either SMEntertainment or JYP, but after some questions were asked and some answers were given, I feel like it may not be best. I'm still going to try, but I'm not expecting a response I like from them, based off my ethnicity. ANYWAYS! I have questions about Japan, because I wanted to audition for Avex long before SM or JYP came into play.

1) How would Japan react to having a half Filipino/half White singer?

2) How do I audition for Avex?

3) What is Avex looking for in performers? I know SM and Avex team up with Korean artists. Is Avex anything like SM when looking for singers?

4) Is it bad to be 19 and audition? I know in Korea, they like younger people, so they can train.

5) How does Avex work? Do they have trainees? Are they mainly soloists or do they have groups? I shortly started listening to Kpop after I started liking Avex, so I only really know BoA, DBSK, (SM artist partners), Koda Kumi, Ai Otsuka, M-Flo, and Ryohei are from there, but out of the Japanese artists, none of them are a vocal group. Can you suggest being put into a group, or would they make the call?

6) I know good enough Japanese to get around on my own. Would they teach you?

7) How much different is Avex from Kpop record labels other than that they are both from two different countries?

It's been so long since I've listened to Jpop, but I haven't stopped listening to Ai Otsuka, Koda Kumi, Utada Hikaru, Ryohei, M-Flo, Crystal Kay, and Emi Hinouchi. I just want to know in case my plans for auditioning for Korea fail. I know looks also play an important role in singers. Here are some of my pics. Do you think I have the right look for Jpop or Kpop?

http://i52.tinypic.com/34gsjdi.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2wck9bd.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/1skwuf.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/demil1.jpg

Answer:


Ok, you're a guy. I thought you are a girl. Non Japanese, biracial people can be popular here too like Leah Dizon.
To answer some of your questions.
1. So I mentioned about Leah Dizon, She's half white half Asian as far as I know. And non Japanese, but still managed to get popular as a Jpop artist. I think you should have a quality that Japanese people will really like. What it is? I don't exactly know. Charm maybe.

2. - 7. I think it would be very better if you visit or contact their office. If you have a talent agent, maybe ask him/her to set up a meeting with them.

And not to be rude, are you really half white? Because I was kind of expecting half Asians and half white to look like Shirota Yuu (half spanish half japanese). Forget it anyway.
Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment