Thursday, March 24, 2011

Whats the cheapest sailboat that will get me from Oregon to Japan? (used is okay)?

Question:


I'm going to sail to sail to Japan or want to anyway. The only problem is that I'm not sure I can afford a sailboat. After looking online, it seems s though price varies from 10,000 to 300,000. Im looking for something closer to 10,000. My main question is whether or not a 10,000 dollar sailboat will be able to get me there. I don't want to end up stranded.

One adventurer to another,
Wandering_Poet

Answer:


I have no sailing experience as I am a tad hydrophobic. If you want to do this trip on a budget, may I suggest that you look into becoming a crewman on another vessel. There are the merchant marines that could get you this kind of adventure and plenty of cruise liners out there, though I think none are currently going to japan. I would work to become a crewman If I were you. You get there and make money in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment