Sunday, May 1, 2011

Any way to house with family in Japan to work for multiple years?

Question:


I've seen about homestay programs, but I'm wondering if maybe there is a way I can stay with a family and just work for the family doing whatever employment? Or finding outside employment and paying rent to the family? Also, if I stay with a family, can I be hired by a Japanese company and then acquire citizenship for working there?

Answer:


No. Sorry. You need a four year degree to qualify for a work visa. That means a BA / BS degree. This is the requirement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The only jobs available are those that a Japanese can't or won't do. Most work visas start at one year. The employer must sponsor the employee. If a Japanese can do the job, they will always be hired first.
You have to live in Japan for no less than five years before you can apply for citizenship.

No comments:

Post a Comment