Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easy-to get jobs for American foreigners in Japan? NOT A TEACHER?

Question:


I'm not the one for public speaking, and I love Japan so much I want to live there. Are there any easy to get jobs there for Americans like me that can speak fluent Japanese? Not an english teacher or a business translator.

Answer:


It may not be easy, but put in the effort and I am sure you can do so. If there is a will there is a way. I'm not sure what kind of job you are hoping to pursue, but as long as it is something with relatively high demand in most developed countries, then you should be fine.

Good luck and people may say, "Too hard," "Try this instead" ... well, if other Americans (or non-Japanese for that matter) have achieved your dream, why should you not be one of them?

If you work just as hard as the people who have right now what you want, and if this is something you really want...not only why should you not be one of them, but why not pursue what you REALLY want?

People told my mom when she wanted to move to a very exclusive area, "You are crazy. Its too hard. Move somewhere else" she ignored them. She tried and tried and she got what she wanted.

My moms story has followed me throughout my life. Granted, I am only 21, but I took this viewpoint and although people have told me plenty of times, "It's too ___, it's too ___. Do this instead," I said, "Well, I would rather try for first place, than settle for second-best."

You only live once...follow your dream. If things don't work out the first time, try and try again. :)

I am 100% sure there is a space for you in Japan -- just waiting for you. Millions of people live AND WORK in Japan. I am POSITIVE there is room for one extra person. :)

Gaijin or not, there is room for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment