Sunday, May 1, 2011

Japanese girls... who like girls?

Question:


Im new here, its my first time posting and Im kind of embarrased.

Im a lesbian, and Im living in Japan for my job. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on dating Japanese girls. From what I can see its really hard to meet them. The lesbian word is so taboo!!

I don't really like gay bars or clubs because I totally stand out as the only foreign girl. Does anyone have any advice? I would really like to experience being with a japanese girl ..

Answer:


You could try the more casual places in and around Shinjuku 2-chome, etc. There are joints that have a mixed clientele both in terms of ethnicity and sexual orientation. The crowd you are looking for could be hanging out at a given Kirin City or whatever on a given night, rather than at "a lesbian bar". You just need to go on a bit of an urban safari. The fact is...establishments that cater to the closeted tend to be inherently unwelcoming to new faces. Therefore a place where anyone would feel welcome would be your best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment