Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How easy is it to get a job teaching English in Japan?

Question:


I'm not talking about getting a job in some sort of school or any more "legitimate" goverment job, I mean if I were just to arrive in Japan with a Working Visa and start looking for positions like private tutoring to citizens in English. I also wouldn't have a College degree, I would this affect me negativly or could I still find a position tutoring?

Answer:


You cannot arrive in Japan with a work visa without already having a job lined up and an employer willing to sponsor you. Your application for the visa will be outright rejected because "I hope to make money somehow as a private tutor, despite having only a high school education" does not make any Japanese government official jump for joy.
You are also very unlikely to find anyone interested in hiring someone with no college degree, and you won't make enough from private tutoring without any connection to an organization in Japan to support yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment