Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Japan RAILWAYS just so confusing?

Question:


I will be in Japan from 30 MAY to the 4th of June.

However, I am facing some difficulties with the railways/JR / or whatsoever.
I do not know how they function and work.

I will be living in IKEBUKURO.


I appreciate greatly if you could suggest on ways to use the railway/JR/ whatsoever systems.

Answer:


You are confusing things - the Suica is a pre-paid card you can use. The Narita Express (NEX) is a train that can easily take you to Narita Airport. The Monorail is a limited use train you can take, mainly people use it to go from Hamamatsucho to Haneda Airport.
In Tokyo you will be mainly using subways. If you want to see a good subway map, look at

http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/subwaymap/in…

It may look confusing, but as you spend more time in Japan you will quickly get used to it, as well as discover that you can go most anywhere without a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment