Sunday, June 12, 2011

Going 2/3 months to japan for language improvement?

Question:


so I am going to japan for 2/3 months, basicaly I am going there to improve my japanese skills.
since with 5 years of self study im only on intermediate level.
Now I have plans on what to do there and stuff...but I am just curious will it be easy to interact/meet with people from japan? Ive heard japanese people are shy when it comes to foreigners because they are expected to speak english or something?
but to improve my japanese I need japanese people but I dont really know where to meet them? are there like any places where teenageres or anything hang out/meet new people?
I am 18/female btw. I dont like to do it through the internet cause it kinda creeps me out and most are male and I prefer females to hang out with :) and I am not going to aproach someone on the street or something :') Then is it likely for a japanese person to approach a foreigner?
since I am pretty shy I dont know if Id dare to do it...
Also can I make progress in just 3 months or is it a waste of time?

Thank you :)

Answer:


It's difficult to find friends in Japan, if you don't like ways like Internet or talking to people on streets.

Most have friends from school or workplace. But you are not going to a school or something in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment