Sunday, June 12, 2011

My cousin in I will be traveling in Japan.?

Question:


I live in Kyushu and will meet him in Tokyo. From there we would like to travel from Tokyo to Osaka, Kyoto area, to Hiroshima, Nara area, and then finally back to Fukuoka. He will be here for 2 1/2 weeks. We will not be constantly travelling and would like to spend maybe 2 or 3 days in a specific city or area. With that in mind I was wondering if it would be worth while to get the JR rail pass for him, and then trying to get whatever deals I could on my own. Also, I've been reading about this Willer Highway bus that seems to have a great deal for 5 non consecutive days. It should also be noted that we would be taking the night buses mostly if we went with this otption.It seems that we would both be able to use these passes so long as my cousing buys it to me and brings it, as it cannot be purchased in Japan. Also, we will be traveling around Japan from July 23 to August 10th. Mostly in the the first and last weeks as I'll have to work in between. We were also considering day trips in and around Kyushu. I'm mostly concerned with travel to and within our destinations at the moment, but any information regarding sites, places, accomodations, and anything related are wholely welcomed. Thank you!

Answer:


2 week JR Pass is 45,100 yen. If you travel from Tokyo to Kyoto and Fukuoka, I don't think JR Pass is worth it. But it will help you somehow as you do not have to buy a ticket every time you take a train. So if you do not want to take time, better to get it.

I'm not sure if he can buy it for you as it's for visitors. I'm not sure if they will let you use it if you are not a visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment