Sunday, June 12, 2011

What is the Tokyo Culture?

Question:


Hi there!
Again for my book..
I asked a couple of questions here on yahoo about Japan. And some people made it clear that I really know nothing about it. To make my book so realistic as possible I want to learn as much as possible. So tell me something! Anything! As long as it is about the Japanese culture, or the Tokyo culture.

To help you:
My story is about a girl from Holland who goes for an exchange project to Japan. Her aunt Karin (also from Holland) is a teacher of a school in Tokyo and agrees to take her in her house until she goes back again. Now I want to make my book really humorous. The difference between Holland and Japan are huge (as far I know) and I want to make it as big as possible. As example the girl, Robin is her name, goes to school on a bicycle, I heard that most students in Japan take the train or walk. But in Holland it is very common to ride a bicycle to school so that's why. Also Japanese students take a Bento to their school. In Holland we eat like two slices of bread with meat or cheese or something like that in school. So she is amazed with the amount of food and such. Also is she very surprised with the fact that the student clean their classroom in the lunch break every day. Another thing, what I'm not completely sure about. I heared that Japanese students aren't that good with English. And that while we in Holland learn 4 different languages. (German, French, English and Dutch.) Most of us speak English fluent. German is something we speak alright. And French... well I can say a couple of sentences :) (I kicked it out of my subjects after one year) So Robin speaks English alright (Japanese.. not much) but that the Japanese students aren't so good at it makes it hard to communicate. Stuff like that happens.

Now I was wondering if I could add more or if you have some tips about it. Some people made it clear to me that some stuff was wrong (like the aunt picking up Robin from the airport with a car, or that she lives in a 3 room apartment.) So tell me some strange things about Japan, or Tokyo (that's where it all happens) or tell me things that are super ordinary.. I don't care just tell me!!

Arigato!
(hahaha)

Answer:


Try the web site below.

No comments:

Post a Comment